We are looking for candidates for a fully funded PhD position in our group. If you are interested in a project using visual psychophysics, eye and motion tracking, and computational modeling to study selective visual processes, we might have just the opportunity.
The candidate will perform research in a DFG-funded project “Attention and sensory integration in active vision of moving objects”. Using psychophysics, eye and motion tracking, and computational modeling we will investigate the link between movement preparation and the control of attention in dynamic visual scenes.
– Master’s degree or Diploma in psychology, neuroscience or related disciplines
– Strong, demonstrable interest in empirical research on attention, action and perception
– Programming skills in Matlab or Python
– Good command of the English language (spoken and written)
– Experience with research on visual perception and/or the eye and motion tracking
– Skills in computational and/or statistical modeling
– Experience in scientific writing
Salary will be payed according to German standards (TV-L Berlin E-13, 65%). While Berlin has a very high quality of life, it is much cheaper than most other big cities. German language is not a requirement (many agree that life’s too short to learn German) but I’ll be happy to support all efforts. The PhD position is a 3 year track. An association with one of the excellent graduate schools in the city (at the School of Mind & Brain or the Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience) is an option.
If you would like to apply right away, please send your application to email@example.com, including a CV, a brief statement of research interests, the expected date of availability and the names of 2 references as a single PDF file. Make sure to indicate in your letter the reference number of this position: DR/069/18.
Applications should be sent preferably before May 30th, 2018, but later applications will be considered until the position is filled.
I will also be at VSS in St. Pete Beach in May, and would be happy to meet potential candidates in person. Feel free to send informal inquiries to my email address.
Here is the official call.